Although the rate plan is designed to generate an overall 9% increase in collectable premium, the impact to individual policies will vary. Details of the rate filing include:
- Adoption of the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau's pure premium recommendations and classification relativities for base rates.
- An approximate 5% increase to tiers A and B.
- The elimination of the group insurance discount.
- A 25% increase in minimum premiums.
- A 6.5% and 4.8% increase to the Los Angeles County and Southern California Area territory factors, respectively.
- Schedule rating threshold will move from $10,000 in base premium to $25,000.