Take the following steps immediately after an accident:
• Immediately call 911 if someone is injured.
• Remain calm, do not argue.
• Contact the police. By reporting the accident and filing a report, you help protect yourself from potential liability claims and legal actions. Get the name/badge # of officer you speak to.
• Exchange information: names, address, driver license, vehicle vin# and
license plate number, and insurance company info.
• Record names and phone numbers of witnesses, jot down their statement of what happened.
• Take Pictures! Your phone is probably a camera, get photos of the vehicle positions, driver, street name and location of the accident.
• Note weather conditions.
• Keep conversation to a minimum (unless they are doing the talking).
• Contact your doctor if you feel you might be even slightly injured.
• Contact US for claims guidance before filing your claim. We can help! (800) 846-5902